Essays and Recommendations
- Your essays give us great insight into your fit with the MAcc Valuation program, your personality and other unique qualities.
- You will submit the two essays with your online application.
- In the first essay explain your short-term and long-term career plans as specifically as possible.
- In the second essay discuss how you think you could contribute to Owen and the MAcc Valuation program.
- Each essay is limited to no more than 500 words.
If necessary, you may provide an additional statement to explain poor academic performance, weak test scores, academic misconduct, violations of the law or anything else that you think is important for the Admissions Committee to know about you that is not already addressed elsewhere in your application. Please use the Optional Essay space in the online application.
- You should submit two recommendations from professors or supervisors familiar with your work. If you are unable to disclose your plans to a current supervisor, you should provide an explanation in an additional statement and request a former supervisor to complete a recommendation.
- Applicants with little or no full-time work experience should obtain recommendations from professors or supervisors of part-time work and internships.
- Your recommenders can submit your recommendations securely online to us along with your other application materials.
- Recommenders will also have an option to download a PDF recommender form if they choose not to complete an online recommendation.
- Instructions will be included in an email sent to each recommender after you enter the person’s contact information in the Recommender section.
- All paper-based recommendations must be submitted in unopened envelopes, with the recommender’s signature across the sealed flap.