Transcripts and Test Scores
- We require a separate unofficial transcript from every college or university you are attending or attended.
- Official transcripts are required from each institution only if you accept an offer of admission.
- If you cannot calculate your cumulative GPA or convert it to a four-point scale, leave the field blank; we will evaluate your academic record accordingly.
If your official or unofficial transcript is not in English, you must obtain a notarized English translation from a certified professional and submit it with the original transcript or copy. If your university retains the only official copy of your transcript, we will accept a duplicate copy certified by an officer of the university.
GMAT or GRE Scores
- All applicants must take the GMAT or GRE.
- If you last took the test more than five years prior to submitting your application, you must take it again.
- We review your overall highest test score; some of our candidates take the test more than once to obtain a higher score. We value this commitment.
Because we rely on the accuracy of self-reported test scores, it is not necessary to provide an official score report when you apply. You will be required to have the official test scores sent to the MAcc Valuation Admissions Office only
if you accept an offer of admission.
Please list Vanderbilt University as a recipient of your GMAT or GRE score on test day.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores for International Students
- In most cases, international applicants are required to take the TOEFL. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) will be waived only for candidates who have earned a university degree in an English-speaking country—not just an English-speaking institution—or those who have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years.
- We will also accept the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) in lieu of the TOEFL.
- If you last took the test more than two years prior to the date of application, you must take it again because results are valid for only two years.
- You must take the TOEFL or IELTS before submitting your application so that you can record the scores in the application.
- Because we rely on the accuracy of self-reported test scores, you are not required to provide an official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report at the time of application. Only if you are offered and accept admission will you be required to have ETS send official test scores to the MAcc Valuation Admissions Office.
- You should not submit an application until you are satisfied with your test results, as we prefer not to hold applications while waiting for new scores.
Vanderbilt’s institution code is 1871. When registering for the TOEFL or the IELTS, you must also specify departmental code 02.