MAcc Valuation

Loans and Other Resources

Federal Financial Aid

Loans are dispersed through a central Office of Student Financial Aid. Visit Vanderbilt University’s financial aid website for details about loan options.

International students do not qualify for federally funded loan programs unless they are permanent residents of the U.S. However, an international student may apply for a private alternative source of funding, but a U.S. citizen or permanent resident is required as a co-borrower.

Other Resources

In addition to federal loans, scholarships and employment, students should consider personal savings, family funds, sponsorship by their company or government and other outside loans, grants and scholarships. SallieMae—a government-sponsored organization—provides the largest secondary market in the student loan business. You can find financial aid information, loan calculators and a free scholarship search at SallieMae.

Several resources exist for international students seeking financial aid to study in the U.S. Some banks will authorize loans provided that the student has a bona fide U.S. co-signer to guarantee the loan.

Additional reference sources: