Transcripts and Test Scores
- We require a separate official or unofficial transcript from every college or university you attended.
- Official transcripts are required from each institution only if you accept an offer of admission.
- If you have not graduated, and your conferred degree will be issued later, please wait to order a copy of your official transcript. Official transcripts must reflect the date that the degree was conferred and the degree awarded.
- If you cannot calculate your cumulative GPA or convert it to a four-point scale, leave the field blank; we will evaluate your academic record accordingly.
If your official or unofficial transcript is not in English, you must obtain a notarized English translation from a certified professional and submit it with the original transcript or copy. If your university retains the only official copy of your transcript, we will accept a duplicate copy certified by an officer of the university.
Graduate Management Admission Test Scores
All applicants must take the GMAT, although the GRE is also considered on a personal case basis. The GMAT was developed as a test of the skills widely used in the first year general core of MBA program work; therefore, your study of GMAT problems will help you build and refresh critical thinking skills specific to your success in the program, well beyond the limits of the application requirement. Our admissions team is happy to advise you on study tips for GMAT prep, and you can learn much more at mba.com.
Please list Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management as a recipient of your GMAT or GRE score on test day.
- If you last took the test more than five years prior to submitting your application, you must take it again.
- We review your overall highest test score. Some candidates take the test more than once to obtain a higher score.
- You must self-report your official GMAT or GRE test score with your application and submit the official test score to Vanderbilt University in order for your application to be complete and your admission to be considered. Send scores to Center for Data Management, Vanderbilt University, PMB 407833, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37240-7833.
Your application will not be considered complete until your test scores have been verified. In cases where prior graduate study or a joint degree candidate required the GRE, or where the GRE provides additional insight, we may accept or request a GRE in place of/or in addition to the GMAT.
TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Scores for International Students
We will waive your TOEFL report if you have earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or country where English is spoken) or have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years. If you do not meet these requirements, the TOEFL is required for admission.
A TOEFL waiver is automatically granted if a candidate scores 90 percent or higher on the verbal component of the GMAT or GRE.
If you last took the test more than two years prior to the date of application, you must take it again because results are valid for only two years.
You must take the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE before submitting your application so that you can record the scores in the application.
You must upload a copy of your official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score with your application and submit the official test score to Vanderbilt University at this address: Center for Data Management, Vanderbilt University, PMB 407833, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37240-7833
- Your application will not be considered complete until your test scores have been verified.
- You should not submit an application until you are satisfied with your test results. We prefer not to hold applications while waiting for new scores.
Vanderbilt’s institution code is 1871 and the department code is 02. Contact ETS with questions about the TOEFL by sending email to TOEFL Help Desk or by calling 1.609.771.7100 or 1.877.863.3546, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, ET. Email Pearson Customer Support with questions about the PTE Academic. For questions about the IELTS International email email@example.com.
Do you have these questions?
- If my GMAT or GRE is significantly below average for Vanderbilt MBAs, should I still apply?
- I submitted my application before I took the GMAT or GRE. I scored lower than I thought I would and plan to retake the GMAT or GRE. Will the Admissions Committee hold my application until my new scores are available?
These answers and more in our FAQs. Click here.