Transcripts and Test Scores
- We require a separate official or unofficial transcript from every college or university you attended.
- Official transcripts are required from each institution only if you accept an offer of admission.
- If you cannot calculate your cumulative GPA or convert it to a four-point scale, leave the field blank; we will evaluate your academic record accordingly.
If your official or unofficial transcript is not in English, you must obtain a notarized English translation from a certified professional and submit it with the original transcript or copy. If your university retains the only official copy of your transcript, we will accept a duplicate copy certified by an officer of the university.
GMAT or GRE Scores
TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Scores for International Students
Contact our office to request a TOEFL waiver if you have earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or just a country where English is spoken) or have lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years.
A TOEFL waiver is automatically granted if a candidate scores 90 percent or higher on the verbal component of the GMAT or GRE.
If you last took the test more than two years prior to the date of application, you must take it again because results are valid for only two years.
You must take the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE before submitting your application so that you can record the scores in the application.
Because we rely on the accuracy of self-reported test scores, you are not required to provide an official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score Report at the time of application. Only if you are offered and accept admission will you be required to have ETS send official test scores to the MBA Admissions Office. The verification process for official score reports begins in mid-May.
You should not submit an application until you are satisfied with your test results. We prefer not to hold applications while waiting for new scores.
Vanderbilt’s institution code is 1871 and the department code is 02. Contact ETS with questions about the TOEFL by sending email to TOEFL Help Desk or by calling 1.609.771.7100 or 1.877.863.3546, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, ET. Email Pearson Customer Support with questions about the PTE Academic. For questions about the IELTS International email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have these questions?
- If my GMAT or GRE is significantly below average for Vanderbilt MBAs, should I still apply?
- I submitted my application before I took the GMAT or GRE. I scored lower than I thought I would and plan to retake the GMAT or GRE. Will the Admissions Committee hold my application until my new scores are available?
These answers and more in our FAQs. Click here.