Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Executive Coaching suited for?
Any business person who wants to continue to foster their own growth and development as a leader can benefit from the highly customized services of an executive coach. Early and mid-career professionals aspiring to executive roles
- C-Suite executives wanting to improve productivity and effectiveness of themselves and/or their organization
- Individuals who feel that they have stopped learning and/or growing in their present role
- Individuals who want to learn more about their leadership style In particular, individuals who are dealing with change or experience a “trigger event”, can benefit from the support of an expert and unbiased coach.
- Those who are going through a personal or career transition or have taken on new roles and/or responsibilities
- Leaders of any organization that is going through change
- Individuals who are struggling with the volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of today’s business world
- Anyone who has experienced a set-back or failure and needs help getting back on track
Does the coaching take place in person or over the phone?
Coaching will take place over the phone, unless you are located in the same city and jointly choose to meet in person. We have found that the outcomes remain the same regardless of whether or not remote.
What if I complete my coaching package and would like to renew?
You can renew up to 1 additional package simply by repurchasing via the Owen website. After that, you would just negotiate directly with your Coach.
What if I want to cancel or “drop out” before the coaching process is complete?
You can cancel the package by providing 30 days’ notice in writing to both Owen and your Coach. Any payments already received will not be refunded.
Am I guaranteed my first choice of Executive Coach?
The only thing that would prevent you from receiving your first choice would be if your timing and the coach’s availability did not align. This can be avoided if you have flexibility in your desired start date. If the timing is more important than the Coach, we would match you with your second choice.
What do I do after I pay?
You will receive two emails from us once you have completed the payment process. One will be a receipt. The other will be a confirmation form that provides us additional information required to help facilitate the match process. Once you complete and email that form to alumni.LDP@owen.vanderbilt.edu, we will reach out to you directly to move things forward.
What if I’m not sure what package I want?
You may contact us to help you think through which package may be best for you.
What if I have more questions?
Please email any additional questions to alumni.LDP@owen.vanderbilt.edu and a member of the LDP team will respond.
Do you store my credit card information?
No, the payment system does not store your credit card information.
What credit cards do you accept?
Mastercard or Visa only
What if I want to pay by check?
Please contact alumni.LDP@owen.vanderbilt.edu and a member of the LDP team will respond
Can I speak with a coach before I select one?
Yes, you are able to reach out to up to two coaches for a 15-30 minute conversation as you make your coach selection.
Is there ANY application process?
No, there is no application process. The Owen Coaching Network is open to any interested alumni.
What if I want to meet with my coach face to face versus remotely?
The pricing is based on remote coaching unless you are located in the same city. If you desire to have your coach visit you face to face during the engagement, you would need to work that out directly with your assigned coach and any travel expenses would need to be covered by you above and beyond the package pricing.