An essential part of what makes a regional group strong, is its volunteer leadership. Volunteers work closely with the school and with the alumni community in their area to build vital connection points, share important information, and create new avenues of growth for all. Owen is currently expanding its regional presence by actively recruiting alumni volunteers to serve as regional leaders, Alumni Council Representatives, advocates for career placement, or admissions. There are even a handful of Owen Alums involved in leading Vanderbilt’s University-wide chapter efforts, all of these connection points, provide vital resources to the school and community at-large. Currently, alumni can be involved in the following ways:
For more information about volunteer opportunities or how to get connected, visit the ‘Get Involved’ page or click here to submit a and the Alumni Office will follow up on your specific interests.
- CityHosts – In any city with a defined CityOwen group, there should be at least 3 - 5 CityHosts to serve as the leaders for that region. CityHosts are the liaisons with the Alumni Office and advocates for their community. They serve as the voice for CityOwen programs, social events, and communicating important information to their region on an as-needed basis. They are encouraged to attend as many local gatherings as possible and tasked to consider sponsoring, hosting or finding a venue for CityOwen programs in their area. Click here for a list of the roles and responsibilities of CityHosts.
- CityAmbassadors – A position designed specifically for recent graduates, CityAmbassadors serve as connectors for their new cities, where, in partnership with CityHosts and regional volunteers, they will plan a handful of casual activities intended to strengthen their local community throughout the year. Click here for a list of the roles and responsibilities of CityAmbassadors. Click here for a list of the roles and responsibilities of CityAmbassadors.
- Alumni Admissions Ambassadors – In partnership with the Admissions office’s priorities and initiatives, Admissions Ambassadors are powerful advocates for Owen with prospective students in their area. Contact the Admissions office directly via Email or call (615) 322-6469, for more information about how to get involved in local Admissions events, or submit a .
- Career Advisors – In partnership with the Career Management Center’s priorities and initiatives, these alumni are in a position to counsel and hire Owen students. Their input provides a vital source of feedback and guidance for students and directly impacts the future success of the school. Contact CMC directly via email or call (615) 322-4069 for more information about how to get involved in local Admissions events, or submit a .
Current CityOwen groups
Defined by the active group of volunteer leaders, and their strategic support of the school, the following cities partner frequently with the Alumni Office on alumni gatherings, educational events, networking and career-enhancing opportunities.
* Denotes currently recruiting CityHosts
Additional regions with active Owen Alumni networks:
- New York
- San Francisco*
- Los Angeles/Orange County*
- Washington D.C.*
To become a part of your local Alumni leadership, fill out a and the Alumni Office will follow up with you directly.
- St. Louis
- South Korea