Managing Teams in Organizations
Management skills and the ability to lead high-performance teams are greatly prized by top companies and executives. In this dynamic, two-day course, you’ll be able to develop and practice these skills—and in the process become more valuable to your organization.
Through a combination of case studies, simulations, discussion and role-playing, you’ll improve your ability to motivate employees, work within diverse groups, apply human resource management tools to build effective teams, and lead change.
This two-day program is for any level manager to learn key strategies for managing people and teams that achieve success.
What You Will Learn:
You’ll learn ideas and techniques you can apply right away, including:
- How to build your skills as a leader
- Defining and analyzing problems and developing viable action plans
- Creating and sustaining successful teams through a better understanding of how teams function and how you work in team settings
- Decision tactics for when it’s appropriate to use a team
- Aligning organizational structures to make teams more successful
- Methods for structuring incentives and motivating team members
Who Should Attend:
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Rising supervisors and new managers
- Directors moving up to leading divisions or large-scale organizations
- Project managers
- Managers, directors and executives leading organizational change
Length of Program
Cost includes tuition, instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch (all days).
Owen Graduate School of Management