Interviewing at Owen is easy!
On-campus interviews are scheduled Monday through Friday during business hours (8:00 am - 5:00 pm CT). We are also more than happy to work with you to build a schedule that fits your needs.
We handle all logistics and scheduling. We will thoroughly market your job opportunities to our students through our secure online job board.
Use the following guidelines to help plan your on-campus interviews.
Pick your dates
Our full service career system - GPS Recruiting
- makes it easy for you to select dates, provide us with your preferred interview schedule and submit job descriptions.
- First, familiarize yourself with our recruiting calendar and select your preferred interview date and provide your 2nd and 3rd date choices.
- Review sample interview schedules to select your preferred interview schedule format.
- Finally, request your preferred dates in our career system - GPS Recruiting.
- After your date request is approved, you can attach relevant job description(s).
- Resume submission deadlines are by default three weeks prior to your on-campus interview date. If you wish to change the resume submission date from the default setting, please let us know.
Build a company presence and promote your opportunities
- Three weeks prior to your interview date, you will receive a resume packet of all applicants who applied for your job posting(s).
- You may also source candidates from our free Vanderbilt MBA and/or MS Finance (no cost to you) resume book.
- To access our online student resume books, log into our career system - GPS Recruiting - and go to the the "Resume Books" tab.
- There you can see student resume books broken down by class (1st year MBA, 2nd year MBA, or MSFinance) and perform keyword searches.
- Enter your selections on your On-Campus Interview Schedule in GPS Recruiting or email your interview list to the Recruiting Operations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include any alternate candidates in rank order.
- Be sure to include the names and titles of the interviewers who will attend.
Plan your visit
- Use our Parking, Hotel, and Catering information page to find nearby hotels and book your hotel stay.
- Familiarize yourself with campus directions and parking information.
- If you will be driving to campus, plan to pick up a complimentary parking pass from the Career Management Center (CMC) front desk.
- We suggest arriving 30 minutes prior to your first scheduled interview.
- Upon arrival, we will present you with a recruiter packet that includes your interview schedule and candidate resumes.
- The CMC staff will be on hand throughout the day to ensure that all of your questions receive responses in a quick and timely manner.
- To be sure that we are providing outstanding service, we will kindly ask that you provide feedback via an online survey after your visit.
Host an evening session to boost your presence on campus. Information sessions are held Monday-Thursday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. or 7:00-8:00 p.m. Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here
to request your information session dates. Be sure to check out our Information Session Tips to help you to make the most of this on-campus orientation.
Information Session Tips
- Include senior management and recent Owen graduates from your organization in your company's presentations and networking events.
- Present your marketplace differentiation and highlight areas where you have advantage over the competition.
- Share testimonials from employees about your MBA career paths and company culture.
- Paint a portrait of a "day-in-the-life" for the positions you are on campus to promote, including work locations, travel expectations and other daily experiences.
- Make your session interactive and engaging with, Q and A, video and other multimedia.